Friday, April 27, 2012

On the Road


After much duress, I finally got completely moved out of my apartment and into a 10’x10’ storage unit.  Well, everything fit except for my 5 bikes (one of which, I have with me).  Some obliging friends took them in and gave them shelter and security in their garage. (Thanks, C&A)  I checked out of my apartment (after being reminded that I was not going to get my entire deposit back if I didn’t clean the oven), ran errands around town (forward mail, return Bresnan‘s modem, return all borrowed items to various friends, etc), and then left  town, bound for Seattle.  The drive was uneventful except for the downpours I experienced along the way and almost falling asleep at the wheel (after nodding off, I got Rihanna to keep me awake.  That's right, I said Rihanna.)  Once I got close, I stayed on the phone with Em and she guided me down the interstate, through town, and up their street where she ran out in front of the car to show me that I'd arrived.  Classic.  I’m now nestled into the loft of a cute little chalet in Meg and Emily’s backyard.  What a great way to start this journey.  I should also note (wait for it) that this is my first time to Seattle.  I’ve looked down on the city from the summit of “The Mountain”, but this is actually my first time here.  It’s humid and there’s lots of spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment