Friday, April 5, 2013

Sugarloaf - North Couloir Video


Sugarloaf - N. Couloir from Joshua Phillips on Vimeo.

Here's another video.  This one is of a more recent adventure in the Bitterroot Mountains south of Missoula, Montana.  It was an intermittently stormy day, but great conditions were found in the couloir.  I think this couloir maintains very soft snow due to it's tall vertical walls that protect it from the wind.  The snow below the couloir was boiler plate.  The other times I've skied this line the snow was softer than the surrounding snow as well.  James Pyke and Ted Morrison teamed up with me for this adventure.
-Joshua

1 comment:

  1. It is very good blog.I am also looking for this from a long time.Many people like to visit here.I have seen many things over here.It is very good.

    Marine Surveyor

    ReplyDelete