Monday, April 30, 2012

Packed Up!




Yesterday was packing day and all I'll have to do is throw some final things in an tape up the boxes.  Em scored bike boxes for me before I got here.  Thanks, Em!  It turns out one of them fits perfectly inside the other, so my bike has double protection!  Perfect!  So Meg, the seasoned international cyclist that she is, helped me pack up my bike with tender loving care.  Well, "helped me" really translates to "she packed it up and I watched".  I'm so thankful to have had her help.  Nerve wracking as it will be to check this box on the plane, I know that it is packaged as good as it can be without having a hard case for it.  (A hard case would be pain since I'd have to ship it to Gothenburg, Sweden, my final destination.)

I also got to witness the magic of Em working on the lathe.  The bowls she's making are amazing.  I want a cupboard full of them!  The ones pictured here are made of Black walnut that she scored at a job site.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, those bowls are gorgeous!!! I too want a cupboard full of them!!!
    - Co

    ReplyDelete