Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A love note to France

Le Pilier de Barr 6a+ (5.10b)
photo by Jean-Marc
Jean-Marc and I at Klingenthal
I'll only be in France for another couple of hours.  I'm about to get packed up and depart the home of my wonderful hosts here in Achenheim, Jean-Marc and Christine, and pedal east, across the Rhine, and into Germany.  I roped in with the perfect crowd here in Alsace.  Jean-Marc took me climbing yesterday at a nearby sandstone outcrop and quarry.  We had such a good time laughing, talking about climbing, and exchanging climbing terms and jargon in our different languages.  It was the perfect "rest day" after 15 days of cycling.  Thank you, Jean-Marc and Christine!

I'd like to thank France for blessing me with such a wonderful experience.  She has far surpassed my expectations with her wonderfully complex, diverse, and welcoming communities.  Her land is beautiful, as is her language and cuisine, but her people have stolen my heart.  Vive la France!  I'll be back one day.

3 comments:

  1. And you are going to take me next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ce fut un vrai plaisir que de faire ta connaissance, te montrer Strasbourg et nos falaises... et avoir toutes ces discussions si enrichissantes, malgré nos difficultés à parler anglais !

    Have a good trip... and see you soon !

    Jean-Marc et Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels, mon frere! Godspeed in das Vaterland!

    ReplyDelete