Tuesday, May 1, 2012

One Last Sleep 'till Liftoff


It's been really nice to be here in Seattle.  It seems like each night the rain starts to fall at about the same time and lulls me to sleep as it patters on the roof.   I'm kind of sad to leave Em and Meg; it's been so good to catch up with them.  I sure like this little clubhouse they have here too.  The loft is pretty darn cozy. 
I'm a bit nervous about the checking of the boxes tomorrow morning.  I got the bike box taped up.  I got the B.O.B. trailer box taped up.  Hopefully, it all arrives unharmed.  It's a little spooky checking a carbon fiber race bike onto an international flight.  Cross your fingers.
Thanks to Claudine, I have a place lined up in Paris where I'll be staying with her friends.  I just have to ride from the airport (CdG) on the northeast side of the city, to their place on the south side of the city.  That should be a good way to see Paris for the first time....ride through it!  Maybe I'll even see some cool stuff.... Hmm, makes me think of this exchange from Forget Paris:
Mickey: I was thinking of doing some sightseeing.
Ellen: Sightseeing? In Paris? What a bizarre notion.
Mickey: Sure. You got any stuff here?
Ellen: Yeah, we got some stuff. Would you like to see the Eiffel Tower?
Mickey: That's here?!

Hopefully the weather won't be too disagreeable.  Well, I guess I'll write again when I can.  The next post should be from the other side of the Prime Meridian!

3 comments:

  1. I am surprised you didn't throw in a Notting Hill quote in there for good measure! Have fun and be crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE "Forget Paris"! I love actual Paris! I love you! Have a great time & don't let Parisians run you off the road while you enjoy their stuff!
    - Co

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Keep them rolling in! - JT

    ReplyDelete